Thursday, September 20, 2007

Intro


Recently, I came across a new email titled "My new blog". "Uhhh, Sarah Glos started a blog," I informed my husband. When I said this, I was actually informing him of both the fact that Sarah had started one, but also of the unspoken fact that I was certainly going to start one. He inferred both of these facts. "No. You do not need to start a blog." He tried to reason. "Oh, on the contrary. I, I have to start a blog!" I declared, standing as I said it for emphasis. I must admit, I used to snub my nose at blogs. When I thought blog, I thought blah, blah, blahg. I used to think of them as nothing more than outelts for whackos enviornmentalists and rogue politicians on soap boxes. They are out there, but I warmed up to the idea as soon as I realized, I could have one. For the record, I would fall under the category of "rogue housewives".
So, here it is my blog! My Glorious blog! This is, depending on who you are and how you look at it, my gift to you, or my gift (admittedly) to myself. If you are my lovely grandmother, you think the first, but if you are say, my husband or my sister, you think the latter. I, of course, think both. Now, even though this blog is for me and by me, I promise it will not always be about me. How's that for a compromise?

Manifestos of a Middle Child