Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Defensive Post, in Retaliation to (you know who you are!)


Recently I overheard a friend ranting about blogs (I say overheard, because even though I think I was an intended member of her audience, I was carrying on another conversation on the side). Anyway, my friend, the first one was saying how they (blogs) are all alike and they are just a place for moms to talk about their kids and share details of their SAHM lives with each other. (Forgive her, she is not a SAHM and therefore doesn't relate at all). I was however, as you can imagine, outraged! Obviously she had never visited this blog.
I am not as good with the camera as many of my fellow blogging mom friends are and have such a bad memory with the cute kid stories that when my husband comes home, I find myself telling him how funny the kids were that day and that in particular there were a few "new" phrases, words or sentences that my two year old used so hysterically that he would die if he knew what they were. Fortunately for him, I don't remember what they are and isn't he lucky to have such an attentive and thoughtful wife who spares him from having to nightly DIE of amusement from his hysterical children, who are growing up, learning and changing every day behind his back, while he goes to work so that I can drag the kids to target when I'm bored and it's raining (often) and impulsively over buy under priced items.
Even if I were as good with the camera as many of you are, the food I make is rarely worth taking a picture of, though usually delicious and who wants to read about delicious food without a picture? Or who wants to read about delicious food with a gross picture (see above)?
In addition to these faults, lies the real truth to my whacked out blog. I am much too selfish to waste limitless blog space on others when I could be indulging myself with disillusions of grandeur in which you all are desperate to read what's rolling around in my head!
Manifestos of a Middle Child