Monday, August 18, 2008

Nursery Rhymes


I am going to take a minute to record some of the darling little things Charley says/has said, especially when singing nursery rhymes. I try not to do too many cutesy little posts that few people beyond the grandparents would want to read, but everyone says to write this stuff down or you'll forget. So I figure this is as good of a place as any to do so.
So...

"Lemon bridges falling down, falling down, falling down, lemon bridges falling down, my friend lady!"

"Itchy, itchy pider..."

"Ba, ba black sheep, happy many wool! Yes sir, yes sir, three bags four!"

"Patty cake, patty cake, you're my man, bake me a cake as fast as you can!" (She's bossing her man around already!)

"Deedle, deedle dumpling my son John, went to bed with his trousers on. One foot off and one foot on, deedle, deedle dumpling my son John!"

"Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb...whose face was white as snow!"

And of course, her own spin on the old alphabet song, which seems to be her favorite thing to sing (next to Baby Beluga, which I may just have to film and post her singing that one in order to do it justice).

"Abcdefg...LellowMinnowPee...xyz no one knows their abc's, next time won't you sing wif me!"
Manifestos of a Middle Child