Friday, October 24, 2008

Little Help?

Calling all Fashionistas! I need a little advice here. I have had an Anthropologie gift card burnin' a hole in my purse (so clearly, now I have to get a new purse) for months! This is a tough one. I'm not normally so indecisive, well actually yeah, I am-NO, I'm not! It's just that I love everything in the store, literally. I LOVE it. I want to see, touch, smell and try on everything (it's a genetic disorder) in the store. To make it worse, they not only have clothes, which I love, but they have home decor items, which I also love. Soooo, in an effort to reign myself in, I've decided to post some items I really like and see what you all think. I'm only looking at sale items (for obviou$ rea$on$) but still will probably only be able to pick two items. So of the following, what are your top two favorites?

I love this one. It looks so comfy. I love the length and the ruch detail. But it also came in a moss color that I liked better, but of course, they were out of my size in that color...


This cute little number could work so well year round, especially in the fall with browns and in the spring with white (whites?).
This looks comfy and warm. Nice n' heavy for cold days, but a little tailored so I wouldn't have to feel like a total blob just to be warm...I could wear this pretty much anytime, even to the park and not feel like it would surely get ruined with little kid grime since it's not made of the pretty, fragile, delicate, dry clean only fabrics that scream out to the little kids' grime "Please get on me!" It's a washable fabric, it would fool the kids' grime.
I don't actually love this one, I just love the thought of wearing this around my mom as the asymmetrical-ness would drive her batty! She would shake her head and cover her eyes. Then she'd peek out and twitch and then she'd try to fix it and when she'd realize that it was in fact on "right" she'd lose it. She'd scream and banish me from her sight.

Now this is sweet. It could also work year round, good for layering under cardigans as well as ala carte in the summer (not totally ala carte, I'd wear pants or a skirt or something).


Okay, so I cheated on this one. It's not on sale...it would eat up my entire gift card...but look how pretty! I'm in love with the color...not too yellow, not too orange, not too burnt...not too chimney, not too arugula...
Again...full price, but...

And this baby looks oh so sweet...feminine, soft spoken, modest-you know, like me!

Now this one's "off the hook" for lack of a better term. The problem is, I think this sweater thing is 5'8" and I"m like 5'3" so...unless I want to have a train behind me or dress up as the witch from Snow White...it's not gonna fly, though it kinda looks like it could make you fly...
Then there are boots...let's be honest, I'm dreamin'. My gift card would barley make a dent in the price of these babies, but these red ones give me a physical reaction that I thought my readers might enjoy also. Hey it doesn't hurt to look, right?
But these boots, these are my chosen ones. You know how sometimes you'll be reading a magazine (okay, flipping through, looking at pictures) and you'll see several different makeover options, even though you're not about to makeover your bathroom, you choose your favorite anyway? This is like that. These boots are the ones I choose.


These last three are rugs...beautiful, thick, wool rugs. We have a rounded, espresso color, leather sectional that I think any of these would look gorgeous with. No more playing it safe. The rug doesn't have to be neutral, it can be an art piece, the focal point.

So talk to me already! I'm dyin' here! What do you think?
Manifestos of a Middle Child