Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Smicket From a Transcript of Old


I don't really know what else to call this sort of post, but I think you'll get a kick out of it. The thing is, for our first anniversary, which is the paper anniversary-oh my gosh, let me back up!
So, for those who don't know, Devlyn and I met at work. When I was in college I worked part time for the same company he did. Sooo, as we started dating and through out our engagement there were, as you can imagine many emails sent back and forth between the two of us while we were at "work," you know "working."
So, as I was saying, for our first anniversary, the paper anniversary, Devlyn took some left over paper that we had printed out our wedding invitations and programs on and printed out almost a year's worth of dialog between the two of us in the form of work emails and bound the pages into a book...awww, I know right. Well hold on, before you close out your browser and throw up, take a look at some of the back and forth-ness. It always makes me laugh.

J: Why is it that when the m&m's get down to just a thin, single layer-barely covering the bottom of the container-there are only red, orange, yellow, blue and brown ones left? Do the green's weigh less therefore they stay at the top and are eaten first or what?

D: Yeah, the greens always stay up.

J: Why do the greens always stay up? Are they bigger and stronger? Do they keep the other colors down? Do they make the other colors go into hiding?

D: That's it precisely doll face. What are we doing tonight?

J: I could never be an m&m.

And another excerpt went like this:

D: You're so weird. I still love you though.

J: Mongeese? Are you trying to say Monkeys?

D: No. I was wondering if a group of mongooses would be called mongeese. Apparently it's mongooses. Spell check told me so.

J: Wouldn't that be cool if we became famous? We could be like Sonny and Cher, what do you think?

D: OK but I get to be Cher.

And yet another excerpt went like this:

D: I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form. "Come in," she said, "I'll give ya, shelter from the storm."

J: My feet don't look like they're my own

D: I'm gonna buy this place and start a fire, Stand here until I fill all your hearts desires

J: You were born too late I was born too soon, every time I look at that ugly moon...it reminds me of you.


I think we were talking in song lyrics...I don't know why, but we probably thought it was hilarious. Those love chemicals should be illegal...

Manifestos of a Middle Child